Technology, in the way it works, the way we use it, and the way we want technology to look, is constantly evolving. This is nowhere more apparent than in the world of web design. We want the websites we visit to be useful, entertaining, and fast. If we wait for more than three seconds for a website to load, we have already clicked on to something else. We also use the internet and look at websites on our mobile devices now more than ever, and if a website is not optimized for mobile use, it is of no use to most of us. These constantly changing trends are showing no signs of changing so it is important to keep up-to-date with the best practice in web design. We value learning and education, and in this quickly advancing field we will find much information on innovation from our blogging peers.
This is a list of ten web design blogs you should check out:
- Designrfix: This blog has daily articles providing inspiration, top tips on productivity, as well as new frameworks and methodologies.
- Webdesignerdepot: For the past 6 years, webdesignerdepot has been providing a useful summary of news and best practice in web design. Covering everything from rebranding to new website formats, this provides excellent content for the web designer who wants to stay on top of what’s fresh.
- A List Apart: This blog and compilation of news articles delve deeper into the functionality of web design, covering best practice standards required by Google for the best search engine results, emerging best practice in web design and more.
- Noupe: The guiding philosophy for this innovative blog is to provide “stylish and dynamic” news aimed at the new media crowd including innovative web designers and developers.
- 1stWebdesigner: This is a community of leading web designers and entrepreneurs sharing their best practice and knowledge. The site includes a blog, but the value comes from the community.
- Creative Bloq: This blog has a fresh and open style, providing interesting articles and advice on all areas of design including web design, graphic design, and 3D and digital art.
- Design Instruct: This blog has been the classic go-to for web design best practice. Article topics range from typography and illustration to templates.
- Designmodo: This blog covers responsive web design topics as well as app design and UX topics. As more and more people access the internet almost entirely on their phones, this is a great resource for mobile optimization.
- CSS-Tricks: CSS-Tricks has a tech-heavy focus, but for the designer who doesn’t rely on templates and is looking for clever snippets of code, this site offers incredible articles and a web design forum to connect with your peers.
- Create Top Notch Websites: This final blog in our list is perfect for the novice or beginning web designer. Articles range from basic “how to get started” to current trends and the latest developments in design.
Of course, if you have any you like that you want to share, feel free to drop a comment.