Sometimes you can learn just as much or more from things you do not like as from things you do like.
Let's try to extrapolate a small bit of value from a worthless email I received today by discussing a few things about why it's worthless.
Within a few seconds, you can imagine all this:
- It comes from "Flag." I don't know who that is.
- I don't know why I received it. I am not in the market for a flag. I have not searched for flags. By my recollection, I have done nothing that would indicate I am interested in flags.
- It's chock full of links.
- Hovering over the links shows an unhelpful address of "cottage-bb.com/20919020/vuxtxun..."
- I won't click on anything in it, including the "Unsubscribe" link. I trust nothing about it.
- I will flag it as spam.
What's this? Dunno. Looks like garbage. *Mark as spam* *Delete*
Who's running this show and are they somehow making money off this junk? I can't imagine anyone actually clicking on this, and a click-through-rate of 0.00% is not very sustainable.